L-1 VISA is a work visa that allows executives and managers with specialized knowledge of a foreign company, to be transferred to an affiliated company in the USA. L-1 is granted for an initial period of up to three years for traditional companies and one year for new companies in the USA, which can be extended for up to seven years.

The positive aspect of the L1 visa: after a period of 2 years, the HOLDER may apply for a Green Card, including spouse and unmarried children under 21. The person interested in the L1 visa must:

  • Have spent at least one year working in office before applying for a visa. Executive is the person who manages the company or has an important role in the business, has the power to make decisions and define policies and goals.


E-2 VISA is a non-immigrant visa granted to individuals from countries that have a treaty with the USA and that have invested or will invest a substantial amount of capital in a company in the USA. The term substantial amount is quite vague and can mean any amount, as no minimum has been specified. Check your eligibility to find out whether you and your company qualify or not, the US currently maintains the treaty with 80 countries.


F-1 VISA - The student visa is very popular and allows immigrants to study in English courses, colleges and / or universities.

Unfortunately, due to 09/11 attacks, this visa is under greater scrutiny by the USCIS. The student visa, however, does not give you a direct path to obtain permanent residence or citizenship.

After being accepted as a full-time student at a college, university or english school in the USA, the school will send you an I-20 document / form, required for the application of an F-1 visa. Once in possession of the I-20, an appointment is scheduled at the consulate (if outside the US) or awaits a change of status, if already present in the USA.

M-1 VISA  is similar to the student visa, but it is for students enrroled in vocational and technical courses.


In general, tourists (B-2) or business visitors (B-1) traveling to the United States need a valid B-1 / B-2 visa, except for those eligible for the Visa Waiver Program, or citizens from a country that has an agreement with the United States that allows it to enter the country without a visa.

For those who do not fall under any of the two exceptions above, it will be necessary to obtain a visa to enter the United States issued at the American Consulate or Embassy.


There are several ways to become eligible for a Green Card:

1. Have a relative who is an American citizen and can "sponsor" your Green Card. Ideally, it should be a first-degree relative (parents or children)

2. Marry an American citizen

3. Have some type of visa that allows you to apply for a Green Card. The most common visas are EB (Employment Based - EB1, EB2, EB3, EB4, EB5) visas, religious (R-1) and executive or manager (L1) visas

4. Being a refugee or having an approved application for asylum.

5. Being a victim of crime or abuse in the USA (U-Visa)


An immigrant needs to live in the USA for a certain period of time before he is entitled to apply for naturalization, so make sure you meet the following criteria: [5]

1. You entered the country legally.

2. Lived in the country for at least five years in a row, immediately before applying for naturalization - or 3 years if you obtained your GC through marriage.

3. During this five-year period, the applicant must have physically resided in the United States for at least 30 months.

4. Have lived within the State or United States Citizenship and Immigration Services District for at least three months prior to filing

5. Have demonstrated good moral character and demonstrate an attachment to the principles and ideals of the U.S. Constitutio



The EB1 Green card is an employment-based permanent residency category for distinguished experts and individuals with top achievements, outstanding professors and researchers, and multinational managers. This category is the most difficult to satisfy because of its requirements, but it is also the fastest.

The EB-2 Green Card is an employment-based permanent residency category for Professionals with Advanced Degree or Exceptional Ability.

The EB-2 National Interest Waiver (NIW) is a self-petition that waiver the need of job offers. This category can be filed by researchers, entrepreneurs, exceptional artists or businessmen who demonstrate significant benefits for the United States.

The EB-3 Green Card is an employment-based permanent residency category. The EB-3 Green Card is less rigid in qualifying requirements compared to EB-1 and EB-2 categories. This type of vise targets "skilled workers" and "unskilled workers."

The EB-4 Green Card is specified as an employment-based green card for special immigrant religious workers, broadcasters, Iraqi / Afghan translators, Iraqis who have assisted the United States, international organization employees, physicians, armed forces members, Panama Canal zone employees, retired NATO-6 employees, as well as spouses and children of deceased NATO-6 employees.

The EB-5 Green Card is a very popular visa for investors investing in some project that will potentially be beneficial to the US. The EB-5 guarantees permanent residence and later U.S. citizenship.


This website is created and hosted by's Site Builder.